The wind turbines are equipments that are exposed to large open spaces where they are at the risk of getting attacked by lightning events and overvoltage transients. It is important that the surge protection units are chosen according to the application and also the voltage specifications. The wind farms are always out at hostile environment. These renewable sources of energy must be equipped with a compatible protection unit. Owing to its height, they can be easily get hit by lightning strikes. When the lightning strikes on the turbine, they are directed to the ground via a proper protection unit.
• Max. continuous operating voltage (Uc) is 600 V DC.
• Nominal Discharge Current (In) upto 20kA.
• Maximum Discharge Current (Imax) is 40 kA.
• Green & red visual indicator.
• voltage protection level more than ≤ 3 kV.
• Response time is < 25ns.
• Degree of Protection is IP20.
• Temperature Range is (- 40 C ….+ 80 C).