Every industry needs solid and secure cabling and duct systems to lay their power, signalling, and telecom lines. Ducting here refers to most effectively enclosing cables inside a custom-made plastic box. Be it underground or above the ground, and the cables should not be laid directly without any protective covering. This is because exposed cables are susceptible to rodent attack, damages from nearby heat sources and other external factors. Damage proof cables or insulations are yet to be developed, so we need to consider safety measures to protect them and further ensure smooth power and signal transmission. The dangers of bare wire are many but finding fault is a tedious process in the case of cable laying in conventional RCC ducts, so we are up with a better alternative. The traditional process of cable ducting utilized RCC ducts, concrete trays, full round plastic or GI Pipes, etc. had drawbacks and did not meet the basic requirement.
Understanding Injection Moulded Plastic Cable Duct:
Ducting isn’t a new term, but some may sound injection moulded cable ducts anew. The reason for the development of such a cable duct is because it is recommended to use standard type ducting and properly install the cables in the ducts to ensure the safety of cables and the kind of supply that passes through these cables.
Below are the reasons why you should choose injection moulded plastic cable ducts to add more protection:
1. Unlike traditional duct material, they are not heavy and can be carried to large distances.
2. Its primary purpose is to protect cables from environmental effects and infestations, effectively laying the cables inside a polyolefin cable channel/injection moulded cable duct.
3. They are well built with chemically inert material as it is assigned to contain cables further to ensure greater insulation attributes from external factors and serve the purpose for a lifetime.
4. Power, signalling and telecom are critical parts of every industry. They stay up only if the cables are maintained properly, so they must be laid inside an effective ducting system with high mechanical strength. Here we speak of injection moulded cable ducts that are a maintenance-free solution and can withstand many compressive loads up to 12kN.
5. They ensure complete protection of cables and are ideally applicable to be used underground, above ground and ground level.
6. Regarding the advantages of its weightless attribute, it is very easy to – check and correct faults, replace, transport, store, etc. All these tasks would require very little labour.
7. They have a unique honeycomb design, which makes the entire product strong and better dimensional stability to handle heavy loads and external influences.
8. The installation of plastic ducts is easy and needs less time than the conventional technique. Also, no special technique/ provision/ instruments/ skilled labour is required for its installations or alteration.
When cables are to be laid, protective covering is a must to rule out the main threats – moisture infiltration, rodent damages, environmental effects, load conditions, etc. for which plastic cable ducts are generally recommended as per standards to engineering a clean and proper cable management system even without much worker’s expertise or large machinery. This is our engineer’s choice as it needs no special machinery and manpower to save more in the process of installation, repair, replacement, relocation, transport, etc. Plastic ducts are the only best alternative when it comes to improving physical appearance. Moreover, they enable – easy inspection and faster troubleshooting while reducing the risk of human error as well. Just ensure that you procure it from a reliable manufacturer to make certain that you get the best quality product.